story-magazine.zipfile on your computer and press 'Install Now',
story-magazine' folder into '
themes' folder in your WordPress installation (
1. After theme activation go to Appearance > Customize
2. You can change the color scheme of your website here:
3. Mosaic section: In customizer, in the left menu is possible to select a category for the main featured section (mosiac) which will be visible at the top of the homepage:
4. IMPORTANT! It is possible that after theme activation images are wrongly cropped and look ugly! In this case use following plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ to regenerate old thumbnails (from previous the theme).
After plugin installation, start regeneration in Tools > Regen. Thumbnails. This process can take a while and you cannot close tab/window until regeneration is done.
Setup is very easy and intuitive. These steps are required to create magazine layout:
- Homepage setup (empty homepage)
- Creating of 'magazine layout' in Appearance > Customize > Widgets
- Usage of "Home" widgets in 'Homepage Content' section.
I recommend creating few classic blog posts before you start creating templates in Layout Creator. Set 'featured images' for all your posts.
IMPORTANT! It is possible that after theme activation images are wrongly cropped and look ugly!
In this case use this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ to regenerate old thumbnails from the previous theme.
After plugin installation, start regeneration in Tools > Regen. Thumbnails This process can take a while and you cannot close tab/window until regeneration is done.
Images and thumbnails are generated automatically.
To display thumbnails correctly upload images via WP interface using "Set featured image" button.
After image upload set featured image.
! Create own custom menus first! Please see following tutorial!
The theme includes two menu sections in the header:
You need to create two custom menus in Appearance > Menus and one custom menu save for Main Menu (Left) display section and the other for Main Menu (Right) display section:
1. Create another custom menu (in Appearance > Menus) and add any pages / links into it.
2. go into Appearance > Widgets and using 'Custom Menu' widget display this menu in Sidebar (Pages); (current page will be highlighted).
1. Before (or after) menu label add this piece of code
<i class="fa XXX"></i>
Enter full icon code - 'fa' class is required.
2. For XXX you can set any icon name. You can find all icon names on Font Awesome homepage.
3. You can see how-to video here. It is not tutorial for my theme but the process is the same.
1. Download latest Font Awesome package.
2. In downloaded file is 'font' folder with 4 font files (.eot, .svg, .ttf, .woff)
3. Upload all these font files into 'fonts' folder (located in main theme folder) on your server.
4. Upload css files (font stylesheets) to 'styles' folder on your server.
he theme is compatible with Recent Tweets Widget plugin. The plugin is used on demo site.
In search field (Plugins > Add New) insert 'Recent Tweets Widget' and Install plugin.
Plugin widget can be set in Appearance > Widgets:
Note!: You need to get "consumer and secret" codes for 'Tweets' widget:
You can easily create newsletter subscribe form with 'MailChimp for WordPress' Plugin: Plugin Homepage
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) insert 'MailChimp for WordPress' and Install this plugin
Plugin can be set in MailChimp for WP section:
In demo is used subscribe form with following markup: https://pastebin.com/BsQVPApN
You can generate different shortcodes using 'Insert shortcode' button on all Post/Page screens:
Plugin page: Plugin Homepage
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) insert 'Social Pug' and Install this plugin.
Plugin can be set in Settings > AddToAny:
The theme is compatible with Simple Share Buttons Adder too.
In search field (Plugins > Add New) insert 'Tiled Galleries Carousel Without Jetpack' and Install this plugin.
Tiled gallery styling can be set in 'Add / Edit Gallery' screen directly:
Plugin page: Plugin Homepage
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) insert 'Contact Form 7' and Install this plugin
You can create own contact form(s) in main wp menu > Contact.
You can display created 'contact form' on any page using shortcode.
Please read plugin documentation for more info about this very flexible plugin.
This theme is translation/localization ready and comes with
story-magazine.pot file. File is located in
story-magazine.potfile (line by line),
The filename of your .po / .mo file is crucial! Gettext uses the ISO 639 standard for language abbreviations and ISO 3166 for locales. If your translation is written in deutsch for example, your file name will look like de_DE.po. Capitalization is also important here. For a full list of language and country codes, check out these two links:
Once you save, POEdit by default automatically creates a .mo file alongside your .po file. Put these files into 'lang' folder.
Your internationalization is complete!
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme.